View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 11:30am   #2
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 34.9%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,369 Times in 1,842 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
I personally never sign up for auto payment of anything that could possibly vary from month to month or medical stuff. Friend was signed up for a monthly payment plan from a hospital and on last possible day they found an old charge they missed and literally drained 10k from his account and zip he could do. Missed his tax payments, insurance and electric that month as he'd been sving to pay them for 6 months.
The people on griddy who had auto withdrawal are getting aco****s drained, 9k a megawatt will do that. I feel for these people somewhat but griddy advised them to switch and why they had auto withdrawal is beyond me.

https://abc11.com/society/texan-files-$1-billion-class-action-lawsuit-over-$9000-electricity-bill/10372508/

I personally don't think they have grounds for a lawsuit against griddy, possibly the power supplier?
I may be old fashioned, but I want my control on what monies I'm paying out. A stamp and the cost of a check is cheap compared to what can happen.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: