Old 02-06-2018, 11:54am   #6
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasglas View Post
New Hampshire Lottery Executive Director Charlie McIntyre said in response to the complaint that he understands that winning Powerball is a life-changing event. But he said procedures are in place for the security and integrity of the lottery.

"While we respect this player's desire to remain anonymous, state statutes and lottery rules clearly dictate protocols," he said after consulting with the state Attorney General's office.
This is a s**t answer. In plain English:

We made some rules that put lottery winners' lives in jeopardy but, because they are the rules, we are going to follow them.

You must be an exceptional sort of dumbass to think, in this day and age, forcing people to publicize a windfall like this is a defensible idea. Large bitcoin investors are (successfully) targeted for hacker attacks based on social media activity. I'm fairly certain that there are individuals and entities watching the news every day for lottery officials to paint another bullseye on someone. There are certainly plenty of examples of lottery winnings and the resulting publicity contributing to the winner's demise or ruin.

It seems to me so obvious that anonymity should be an option for winners that the hiding-behind-policy answer from lottery officials strikes me as extra hollow and idiotic.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote