Old 11-25-2022, 1:03pm   #11
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,190 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjz06 View Post
Ok folks. Some serious here, but knowing you all there will be goofy chit as well. I rarely make threads.

So Just looking for ideas here. You all have all had vastly different life experiences I am sure. I am almost 60. Retired from my full time job of 25 years recently. (Outsourcing and poor management were the deciding factors for retiring) They are paying the lion share of my health insurance for life unless I give it up or croak first. So I am giving some personal information here just to keep it somewhat on track.

Ok so some parameters may be in order too.

1. I have provided for the family raised the kids all of that so it is just me, myself and I to consider here. I do not have to make baller money. I do have to cover say 20 ish years left on the planet. Maybe

2. I know the world needs ditch diggers too. A little old for that now. So Emanuel labor and I are not friends

3. Mostly association work and sitting in front of a computer, customer service etc... for over 25 years, and a lot of travel to run meetings, etc. Not really interested in the same line of work or the travel. Been to 38 states so far. Had lots of different jobs through the years. Military etc.. Please no retail suggestions

4. I really just want to work. Like what I do. Be helpful to a company/place. Make some decent money until I can really retire. Let's call 45-50K or under decent for this new line of work. Financial guy says the math is no good at this time to fully be retired due to divorce some years back So whatever it is I will need to work 5-7 years ish? Maybe more? Could be less? Age seems to matter more than I thought.

5. So what I am interested in is what types of work or ideas for what types of jobs for a semi retired person to look into given above average work ethic, dependable, reliable person with above average intelligence can fit in well with? I will not answer personal stuff on the thread. You can Pm me if you think you need more detail.

6. Remote ideas? located in FL currently.

Ok so this could go sideways, but since I consider many on here friends through the many years of interaction I thought it would be interesting, and could be fun for others to see your ideas as well. OK Go!
I have 2 retirements behind me, Uncle Sam and 20 more years with local govt. When I retired last February, I told myself and my wife, I'm not doing shit until January and so far, I have lived up to this.

Once January shows up, I may do volunteer work. With my 2 retirements along with hers, plus 2 social security's, house and cars are paid off and a respectable savings and investments, we're fine. We never lived beyond our means like many

I am considering going back to where I just came from but through and employment agency working for a good friend in another department who needs some help a few days a week.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post: