View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 8:51am   #1
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Activity: 0.5%

Thanked 1,217 Times in 817 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496850
Default Let's give thanks

"Thanks", is that all we can give? Is that all we can give for the blood, sweat and tears that our nation's veterans spilled on foreign shores, far away lands, and hell on earth locations? It may not be, but for the most of us, it's the best we can do. Let us take time to remember those that served, both home and abroad - and let us not ever forget but today especially remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that a nation might live. Today, of course, is Veterans Day. My head is bowed in awe at the service that ALL veterans of both foreign wars and domestic service have provided. I would like to take this time to thank my grandfather who served from the age of 17 in WWII in the US Navy and then made a career out of the military, I would like to think my brother who served in Desert Storm as part of the Big Red One, I would like to thank my stepdad who served in the Mississippi National Guard, I would like to thank my Uncle who served in the Arkansas National Guard, I would like to thank my brother in law who is a major in the 1st Battalion (Attack), 1st Aviation Regiment (the Big Red One), I would like to thank my nephew who is a Marine, and I would like to thank my father, who was a casualty in Vietnam - last but not least - I would like to extend a warm thank you to all of the men and women who serve or have served, who are members of this forum. This country would not be here today without all of your sacrifices. Thank you.

My grandpa (standing on the left)(aboard his ship, the USS Mount Vernon), June 4, 1944, Portsmouth, England. Making sure all next of kin information was correct. Destination: Normandy, France - June 6, 1944. Hauling 9,000 infantry soldiers and landing craft (Higgins Boats) for the D-Day invasion of Hitler's "Fortress Europe" and the Atlantic Wall:

My brother in law, doing his thing, in Camp Anaconda, Balad, Iraq:

Last edited by NEVRL8T; 11-11-2010 at 9:35am.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NEVRL8T For This Useful Post: