Old 12-23-2009, 12:42pm   #5
WKMCD
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Must have more details.
My engine was the first build in the country using the then new L92 heads. I wanted to see what could be done with the GM casting. Everyone poo poo'd the idea then but gradually came around. I've had 3 cams, stock and WCCH CNC'd heads of various compression ratios and other iterations. Everything that was done was done the make good power and keep the car very mild. The car currently makes 521/480 and drives very close to stock with massive tip in. 380RWT at 2200 RPM is nuts.

Here's the build thread from LS1tech:

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan "B" - LS1TECH

The dyno mule is getting a little tired so it's time to freshen it up. I thought about selling it and getting a C6 GS vert but I just can't justify the cost for a toy I drive 4-5k and year.

In talking with Shawn and Ed at Virginia Speed we decided that for the sot difference it made sense - if any can be made of any of this - to resleeve the LS2 block using Darton sleeves and increase the bore to 4.125. The only cost difference between staying a 403 and moving to a 427 is the cost of the sleeving which Shawn does in-house at VA Speed. I'll run the same crank, rods, cam, Melling oil pump, etc and top end. The extra bore will really make the L92 heads shine by unshrouding the valves.

It gets expensive when I get bored.
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote