Old 08-04-2022, 1:14pm   #130
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 87.1%

Thanked 4,253 Times in 1,941 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
It’s damn tough to type “thank you” when you can’t see the screen thru your tears.

Time to find a cake. Today was her birthday.
My belief,

"Your birthday commemorates the day on which God said to you: “You, as an individual, are unique and irreplaceable. No person alive, no person who has ever lived, and no person who shall ever live, can fulfill the specific role in My creation I have entrusted to you ...

A relative said that in Judaism it is considered a particular blessing to die on one’s birthday. Is that correct?

Answer:

That is indeed the case. The Talmud teaches that Moses passed away on the 7th day of the Jewish month of Adar, which was his 120th birthday. The Talmud explains that God calculates and completes the lifespan a righteous person, as we read in Exodus (23:21), “I will complete the number of your days.”

Why is this significant?

The Chassidic masters explain that on the day we are born we are entrusted with a mission. The righteous person lives his life achieving his fullest potential and completes his mission on earth in the most perfect way possible. This perfection is expressed in the fact that his mission ends on the very same day that it was begun."

Close enough, for Linda!
Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don Rickles For This Useful Post: