Thread: Goodbye Linda.
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 9:29am   #122
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 1,999 Times in 1,183 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

My mother passed back in 2014 up in New Hampshire. She had a hell of a sense of humor. She wanted to be cremated and she was. She didn't want a funeral and the normal done. Most of us had gone back within a few weeks of her passing and was a good time.

So, when she passed on, we all live all over the country. My sister took care of it and kept mom until we came up with something nice.

A couple years later in 2016 we got together again and came up with a nice place in the Mount Washington Valley called Cathedral Ledge. You can drive up on top as a nice scenic view plus a hot spot for climbers. We all agreed this is perfect.

Once on the top, there is a small chain link fence by the edge. I took the urn, went over the fence and went near the edge, waited for the right wind direction and let her go!

I walked back up and we're all standing around tears flowing, and my aunt said, "I wonder if she landed on any of those climbers" I hadn't even though of it until she brought it up.

I could picture some climbers down below getting hit with it all, cussing and screaming. If this had been someone else and my mom was with us, she would have been laughing her ass off.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slewfoot For This Useful Post: