View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 8:12pm   #1
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,860 Times in 2,222 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483
Default How much would YOU offer for this project ?

1973 Triumph TR6. Here's the story. In 2015 this car drove into a shop for an engine and transmission rebuild and a paint job. The car was disassembled, the engine sent to a machine shop and the car was painted... but the shop did not repair the severely rusted floors before they did the deed. Nor did they remove such things like the wiring harness or cables which were crudely masked and things like the horns and steering rack are now covered in overspray. Then the business went tits up and the car sat outside for 4 Northeast winters before the owner had the carcass shipped down South. Of course the stuff at the machine shop did not arrive with the rolling chassis, but the disassembled engine was located, crated and sent under separate cover. The bodywork is starting to bubble, and it is apparent from pics that all parts of the car failed to get from North to South.

Now; I love TRs and have owned 3 and I am a true sucker for orphan classics so I want to save this thing. Owner wants $4K for the hulk, if you were willing to do the deed what would you value the car at? Please save the bandwidth telling me I'm nuts or that you wouldn't take it for free; I don't care... I only want your valuation.

Edit: The package includes 2 brand new seats still in plastic wrap... not sure where they came from or what color they are but they are new, not recovered.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote