View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 12:43pm   #10
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.2%

Thanked 23,924 Times in 9,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Lack of parental teaching leads to nothing but ignorant children.
Wasn't hard to figure out how in elementary school (volunteered a shit ton) that had parents that taught them the basics and kept at it. Isn't a color thing as the media always reports, had way more white folks were bad parents in that aspect than any other color.
I was amazed at how badly some could read and speak even, some not being able to speak full sentences in any manner you could understand. Smart kids alot of them I'm sure but were destined for mediocrity at best. Parents that rely 100% on schools to teach their children are ignorant.
Case in point are my niece and nephew (wife's side). Girl is smart but they did absolutely nothing to help her until middle school which was too late. Parents always too busy and self absorbed to do anything for them. We were told early on we couldn't talk about our son's grades as made those 2 feel bad.
The nephew is dumb as a stump however any parental help would have meant twice as much for him. Instead they concentrated on sports alone. Hard to get into any college if you are damn near illiterate they found out. Sound familiar.... Whole sections of society concentrate on little Billy(or Susie) being the next Barry Sanders or Willy Mays.
Imagine if parents helped with schooling as much as sports, frankly sports shouldn't be offered at schools at this point. Just setting the kids up for failure in the long run IMO. People are playing the lottery (for sports contract) with their children's future... And lose 99% of the time.
We all had dumbass jocks in high school, hell the qb was my neighbor literally and he could hardly read or write. I kept him on the team and made good money. He did exactly dick after HS but boy his parents were proud as peacocks he could throw a ball.
I love sports and encouraged my son to participate but it never got in way of schooling or sports stopped.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote