NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94lt1 View Post
Pics of Jeep driving over XLR lol
Kevin was like "Un, how'd you get the Jeep out without the XLR moving?!" Heather's boyfriend suggested I just push it out of the way with the Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black94lt1 View Post
Went to get the wife's mustang out from winter storage a couple of years ago and found out the key would not open either door or the trunk, thankfully the hood wasn't fully latched so I was able to get the battery back in without having to get in the car first!

Ultimately figured out that never using the key means the cylinders will gum/freeze up over time. Combine this with a worn key and no go. Had a new key cut based in the VIN and spent several days spraying cleaner/lubricant into the cylinders. The doors now open with a key if necessary, the trunk is still a no go.
Interesting. I did read on the XLR forum that WD40 might help the mechanism work. I used that, but (as they also said), it took two of us to get the trunk up, one to turn the key and the other to actually lift the trunk lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
It has been a while, but my cousin had a Smurf blue CJ for awhile. My ride at the time was a fairly well modded 240Z so I got motion sickness riding in that thing; my finely calibrated butt often told me we were about to roll over.
My favorite story about the Jeep centers around duck hunting... we had a blind down in a hole and the Jeep was parked about 60 yards away up on the bank. Cousin draws a bead on a wood duck and unleashes a 3 inch magnum size 4 lead shot round right through the grille, radiator and windshield of the CJ. Killed the duck, and his vehicle in one fell swoop! We still laugh about that.
OMG that is awful!!!! LOL
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote