DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,998 Times in 11,829 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209
Default [GEEK] Wired keyboard isn't working

CLIFFS: It doesn't work.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7440 AIO and it won't recognize the Dell wired keyboard. I am able to use a Wired Apple Keyboard, any other wired keyboard (even with PS2-USB adapter), and any kind of wireless keyboard with the USB RF reciever.

If I use the Dell wired KB, I can't even boot to the BIOS. I did use the mac keyboard and checked all settings which are correct. When I plugged in the Dell KB, it wasn't even recognized in the BIOS or in Device manager when I booted into Windows 10. Voltage to each of the 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports is correct. I've also tried 6 different Dell Wired KBs and they failed, but worked in every other device I plugged them into.

I've updated the BIOS, all drivers, did Win Updates, too. Nothing worked. I rolled back the BIOS once then one further than that and still no luck.

I did find a win update that was causing problems similar back in Feb 2018, but I don't have that particular KBXXXXXX showing or hidden in updates. One suggestion on a dell forum was to reset the CMOS battery and BIOS, but that did nothing.

Any ideas? I'm not allowed to use the big ****ing hammer option, Dell teir 1 support says it's because all of my keyboards are out of warranty and they fought me about elevating the issue to engineer support.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote