RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 81.3%

Thanked 7,701 Times in 3,417 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
Wow. The tank's not even whacked up where the guys keys would do a number on the paint! Odd that the passenger pegs are still attached with the monoposto seat cowl in place.
Damn good eye. He had a biposto tail section on it and the original mono sitting in bubble wrap. The day he bought it, he had the Duc dealer swap it out... along with the wheels and exhaust, stainless brake lines, and a few other things. When I say swap it out, I mean complete with tail light, wiring, etc... because why not. The first thing I did was put the mono tail back on it, I just haven't had a spare minute to pull the passenger pegs back off yet.

Gotta love the guy that goes and buys a new Ducati and spends another $5k+ on it before it ever leaves the dealer's floor.

Speaking of replacing the tail, that whole process takes a matter of seconds. I work on a lot of bikes and the way that they made these things is amazing compared to the Japanese sport bikes. They were made to be race bikes and they seemingly thought of just about everything. It is all Dzus fasteners on the fairings vs the usual plethora of screws that you will find on bikes. The entire tail section comes off with a pull pin. You can disassemble the entire body in about a minute. All of the wiring, fuel system, etc is all quick connect fittings.

Damn I love this thing.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: