10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,487 Times in 17,261 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Simon Bikes and other Americans who are not pushing an agenda deserve our support.

I have turned off soccer and basketball because of their political bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Simone Biles would be one I'd watch because of her dedication and work ethic, but it's too hard to figure out when individuals will be on.

The good soccer right now is Gold Cup, so no Olympics.
https://www.glamour.com/story/simone...k-lives-matter

Quote:
Simone Biles is the most decorated—and arguably the most popular—gymnast in history. She's often been known to use her massive platform to speak out on the issues that matter the most to her. Right now that includes the Black Lives Matter movement and the killings of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and Ahmaud Arbery.

In a new interview with Vogue, Biles opened up on the current state of affairs across America and the racial justice protests.

“We need change,” she said. “We need justice for the Black community. With the peaceful protests it’s the start of change, but it’s sad that it took all of this for people to listen. Racism and injustice have existed for years with the Black community. How many times has this happened before we had cell phones?”

“With everyone speaking up and the traction that Ahmaud and George are getting,” Biles said on what would have been Taylor's 27th birthday, “Breonna will be remembered. She’s going to find justice. They’re already reopening her case. I’m happy for that. But I just don’t understand. She was sleeping. How do you feel threatened when you’re a police officer and they’re sleeping? Come on now.”

“We tried peaceful protesting. Then Colin Kaepernick—he lost his job. He lost his career. They took his whole entire career away from that poor man. And look at us now,” she continued, discussing how some were debating the techniques used by protestors. “It’s working. You just have to be the first and people will follow.

This isn't the first time Biles has publicly supported Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback who has been without a job since he was criticized for kneeling during the national anthem in protest of police violence against Black people. When then newly installed USA Gymnastics president, Mary Bono, criticized Nike for including Kaepernick in a campaign in a now deleted tweet—Biles was quick to call her out. (Bono eventually resigned.)
Note her use of "we." Note her use of first names, like she was personal friends with the girlfriend of a drug dealer, personal friends with a lifetime drug addict felon who attacks women, like she was personal friends with a serial burglar. We.

She identifies with criminals, going as far as intimating that they're all part of the same group, even though nothing could be further from the truth.

Biles, who worked hard and rose to prominence through meritocracy, has nothing in common with the people she expresses such familiarity with, but she chooses to be tribalistic......having matching skin colors makes them all homies, I guess.

When I see white criminals and thugs, I don't see any kind of familiarity with them. I don't feel any connection to them. Biles has chosen....another way.

Simone is down with the blm cause. Sorry to disappoint. That doesn't take anything away from her athletic accomplishments...she's a genuine super star.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: