View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 1:16pm   #13
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Down from 222lbs. to 217.6 lbs as of this AM.

Hooray Water Weight!!!

Haven't totally eliminated carbs, but I am maximizing fiber and keeping sugar under 20g a day typically. Except for yesterday. My wife brought me a big fat double chocolate cookie from the hospital. Realized that while putting me over my sugar goal, it actually would not put my over my calorie goal for the day. So I ate it. Like a starved beast. Woke up weighing 1.4 lbs less than the previous morning anyway.

I'm the kind of person who will go nuts if I'm hungry in the evening, but has no trouble going hungry in the AM, so I'm experimenting with skipping breakfast and just having lunch, dinner, and a snack between the two. So far it's working out great and making is really easy to stay on track. I can make dinner that takes up half my daily calorie allowance and not get hungry afterwards before bed.

FYI Bacon & Eggs really is incredible diet food. Pam cooking spray, 2 Large Eggs, 3 strips of bacon, a mere 275 calories. Plenty of room left for snack and dinner.

As for snacks, these are awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Diamond-Almonds-Habanero-1-5-Ounce/dp/B004HOOZEW/
Buying them in the snack size tubes is slightly more expensive, but worth the extra cost to me for super simple portion control. And they're awesome. Better than BBQ potato chips.

260 calories, a mere 8g carbs, only 3g of that sugar, and lots of healthy fat.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post: