View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 7:28pm   #10
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

So I guess I should share too.

Current weight - 222 lbs.

The pic in my profile is of me at 215 lbs.

Most of the 7 lbs. difference is showing up in my face and belly right now.

I've always been built like a linebacker, but usually a linebacker who has been retired a few years and has put on a pot belly.

I have a HUGE consistency problem. I'll workout and eat like a fanatic for 6 months, then fall off the wagon for 1-2 years and not workout and not watch what I eat at all.

Fell off the wagon early in 2012. Started working out again in December, haven't really lost any weight though because I learned how to bake in December as well.

I've never been "cut" in my life. I want to try. I guesstimate I'll need to get under 200 lbs. to even show some small signs of being toned. So on TxAg's advice I signed up for MyFitnessPal.

I have my daily goal set at 1500 calories, and my macronutrient split at 15% carbs, 25% protein, 60% fat. As I get into the swing of things and get over the initial 2-4 weeks junky-getting-clean phase, I'll up the protein and lower the fat.

15% carbs is putting me at 60g, which is moderately low-carb. Most of that is not sugar though, looks like I'll come in at around 10-12g of sugar a day based on some regular consumption items. I've tried ketosis-inducing low carb, like 20g or less, but never moderate plus calorie restriction. We'll see how this goes. According to the generic weight vs. maintenaince vs. caloried deficit math, I should drop from 222 lbs as of this morning to weighing in at 217 lbs. in 3 weeks. So if I lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks, I'll stick with this plan. If not, back to the drawing board for some adjustment.

Currently workout ~2.5 days per week (2 days off between sessions). Once the weather warms and I can take Jasper outside for extended periods of time, we'll go for walks on the off days.

I figure getting a thread going may help keep me on track.

Will is offline   Reply With Quote