View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:04am   #1
Toque
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1077
Default Anyone running LS7 Clutch with Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel ?

Guys:

This is for my C5Z06, but I thought I would ask here too.
My car is running heads/cam 450rwhp/430rwtq (about the same as a new Z06).

Is there anyone running a LS7 clutch with a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel ? Fidanza aluminum flywheel PN 198171 is designed to mate with the LS7 clutch.

I am looking for some real world experience in how it drives around town compared to stock.

I'm hearing that its noticeably improves the "peppiness" of the car (due to less rotating mass), but you need to give it more RPM's from a stop to get it going.

The rotating mass of my stock LS6 set up is 50lbs
The rotating mass of a LS7 clutch and FW is 60lbs...
The rotating mass of a LS7 clutch with a RAM Aluminum Flywheel is 50lbs.
The rotating mass of a LS7 clutch with a Finanza Aluminum Flywheel is 43lbs.

I'm NOT going with the LS7 clutch and the LS7 Flywheel for sure... Its too heavy.

I will at the minimum go with the Ram Aluminum Flywheel that keeps me at the same rotating mass I have now. I have spoken to some people and they say its just like stock drivability with no extra drive train loss.

If I go with the Fidenza Aluminum Flywheel it will reduce my rotating mass and people say you WILL gain HP to the wheels across the board and the motor revs quicker (More funner to drive). The only down side is that you have to give it more RPM's to start from a stop to get it going. This is due to having less inertia built up in the lighter Flywheel.

I am wondering if anyone knows what it feels like with the lighter FW from a dead stop.

Thanks everyone !
Toque
Toque is offline   Reply With Quote