Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 33,025 Times in 14,165 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

(in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice)

I say, I say boy.....you're doing it all wrong!

the point of a lucrative .gov contract is not to deliver it on time and under budget, no sir!

the point of a lucrative .gov contract is to make it more lucrative via delays, change orders, expansions of scope, and moving of goal posts. everyone of those "justified" revisions is worth LOTS of money. increased billable hours, increased billable rates, costs to redo work already done once, costs to hire outside help (relatives and self dealing are very useful here) at inflated "market" rates......

Son, you really need to get with the program and stop trying to make .gov happy with a working product. Uncle Sugar is in the business of spending money, lots of money, and you need to help him spend money in YOUR direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Also in true form, the OTHER (first) .guv project that I was on (and am still on in parallel), their IT department screwed up not only once, but twice, and yet they were given direct orders on how to write an OData connector.

I gave them a paint by numbers picture of how to write an OData connector to make SQL Server accessible to Salesforce through Salesforce Connect as an external object. My original POC didn't implement authentication, but it's pretty basic shit.

Fast forward, those clowns did it wrong the first time by using a token system, and then when we finally called them to the carpet, they implemented Basic Authentication, but did it their own way and broke Microsoft's rules. Needless to say, it didn't work with Salesforce.

Fast forward to yesterday, our team is looking like a bunch of smucks, and .guv spent $37k for Salesforce connect, and it was looking like a complete bust, which would have made my team look like morons. Without being able to prove them to be at fault, this could have been a major hit to my career, and the contracting consulting firm's reputation. I had to go into beast mode to make this work and prove them wrong.

Now...I've NEVER done this before in my life. I spent 3 hours yesterday floundering and got no further on my goal to introduce Basic Auth on my POC. There is just no content on .Net along these lines.

BUT, today, I stumbled on what I needed to know, and I effing made it work to Microsoft's specs. Project is now golden, we will deliver on our promise, I learned a new skill, and I get to finish my paint by numbers documentation for .guv so they can implement this. They spent 2.5 months effing with this, and delivered 2 bad solutions. When I took back over control, I took me a total of 4 hours to find the 100% working solution.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: