View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 8:36am   #17
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,739 Times in 3,446 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

I honestly don't know why Honda gets all of the love these days. I think the reliability reputation has stuck with them from the days when they were lightyears better than the domestics. The reality is that as Honda has added more features, more electronics, and more powerful drivelines, they have ended up right on par with just about everybody else. The Honda engine will likely RUN forever. That is undeniable, but as far as actual overall build quality and luxury is concerned, I've never been impressed. From the dash to the seats, even the feel of the door mechanisms, everything about it seems cheap. I hate the seats almost as much as the "feel" of the drive. Yes, I realize those last 2 things are solely personal preference.

Good friend has a loaded up Pilot. I would actually give the edge to an Acadia Denali by a pretty large margin in terms of materials (yea, the Honda is actually worse than GM plastic).

Look at the curves for the Pilot and the Acadia linked below. Real numbers. A big part of my life is buying and selling vehicles, and analyzing data and trends associated with those purchases.

Beyond the 1st year, the Honda and Acadia are very similar in terms of YoY depreciation. Most of this 1st year loss is attributed to the big "sales" that GM has where new vehicles are sold significantly under sticker. Honda does not do this at nearly the same scale. The result is that the initial price is slightly skewed up on the GMC which makes the 1Y depreciation seem worse than it really is (unless you went and paid full boat retail for something).

https://usedfirst.com/cars/gmc/acadia/
https://usedfirst.com/cars/honda/pilot/

Drive them... see what you like most. Buy that one.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: