Old 11-16-2020, 12:59am   #17
Nox
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 1,678 Times in 635 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
Wife and I had a run in with bed bugs on our honeymoon. We went to the Wilderness At the Smokies resort for our honeymoon and after the first night, we both woke up the next day with lumps all over my back and my wifes legs.

We knew we had not been anywhere other than the pool the previous day so we pulled back the fitted sheets and found bed bugs everywhere. We immediately alerted the staff and a manager came up to handle the situation.

They ended up moving us to a very nice room, took all of our clothes and put them in some sort of a heating chamber to kill all of the bugs that might have found their way into our luggage, then had all of our clothes laundered, then comped our stay as well as all meals and expenses while we were still there.

They handled the situation fine, but we will not go back there nor would I recommend any of their dining establishments on the property.
I carry a very powerful LED flashlight for exactly this reason, and the first thing I do at any hotel I stay at is rip off the sheets and pull up the mattress to check for bed bugs. It really doesn’t matter how nice the hotel is, any hotel can get them.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post: