Old 10-10-2019, 7:34pm   #1
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784
Default Is it Thursday already? I feel like I lost a couple of days...

Maybe that's because I did!

For the last couple of weeks, I've been feeling run down, in excruciating pain, along with numbness in my left arm. Tuesday morning, I took a look at WebMD and typed in the symptoms. Naturally, the first possible problem listed was "mild heart attack". Oh, and when I got up Tuesday morning, my left arm had massive bruises.

This information freaked out the wife, so she made me go to the ER to get checked out. After an EKG and some bloodwork in the triage area, they wheeled me back into the ER. When a room became available, I was put into a room.

After a few more tests, they told me that they wanted to keep me overnight. They did tell me, however, that I did not have a heart attack, but that I was suffering from a drug overdose!

So, a heartfelt thank you to everyone how has ever suggested "hookers and blow" on this board.

But seriously folks, I've been on Warfarin/Coumadin/rat poison for over 24 years. Not sure how, but my INR (blood coagulation coefficient) was not measurable. The scale goes up to 8.0, and I was over. Go big, or go home, right?

After a couple of days of IVs, my INR came back down to 3.4, which, while still "high", is within acceptable parameters. After the pulmonary embolism I had 7 1/2 years ago, my doctor wanted to keep me in the 2.7 to 3.0 range.

Bottom line is, if I hadn't gone to the ER on Tuesday, I probably wouldn't have been able to type this thread. Laurie would have posted a different thread.

snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post: