View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 10:00am   #19
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
I have seen that done in person, wow the PU truck that did it that I saw laid down a smokescreen that could have hidden a Destroyer or perhaps a Cruiser!

I live on a very scenic lake and we get a lot of pedal bikers up here at the lake. Most of them think they own the narrow curved, no place to pass for miles type road. Show up in large groups do not stop for stop or yield signs. Also many will ride side by side which in this state is not legal!

We also have quite a bunch of Red Necks with diesel PU trucks and occasionally they will do things like that. Its better for them to coal them than other nastier things that happened in the past.
not to excuse the PU drivers OR the cyclists, but in a large group, side by side is a better way to ride since it makes a shorter amount the vehicles need to pass. Passing 10 when they are 5x2 is a lot easier than 10 in single file.

I tend to ride on our local army base (Redstone arsenal) as the roads are SUPER smooth AND there is little to no traffic on the weekends or evenings.

We can do a 10-80 mile ride easy down to the TN river and back, so it is safe, quiet, AND scenic with lots of wildlife to be seen as well.

It really is ideal!
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post: