Old 07-01-2020, 9:41pm   #72
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 24.5%

Thanked 14,214 Times in 4,349 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I think you are a cool lady and all, and at the risk of alienating you on this forum, I would like to say that you are also caught up in the politics of it. To a depth that you don't recognize because you are too close. If you could be objective and understand that we all know this virus can kill you...there is no doubt. But so can a million other things and at a HIGHER probability than COVID. You will never, in 5 lifetimes, convince me that someone dodged a bullet because of a 99 cent bandanna. That piece of cloth will never be the difference between life and death. You will never convince me that EVERY patient in the ICU didn't wear a mask. You will never convince me that a 99.6 or 99.8% survival rate warrants the actions being taken. You will never convince me that more people have the virus today, than did 8 weeks ago. You will never convince me that a kid on a swing set in a park with his mom is more is a health risk or in more danger than a rock throwing arsonist thug in Minneapolis.

You are too close to be objective. I stand my my analogy that the war from the soldier's perspective is very different than from the general's. You are surrounded by sick and dying and think we are all going to be sick and dying. If I was surrounded by beautiful bikini clad women feeding me grapes, I would think the world was a pretty awesome place. Same world, different view.

Hyperbole much?

Not once have I said we were all gonna die from this.

Not once have I said a bandana was the answer.

Not once have I even slightly implied that everyone should wear a mask everywhere they go.

I don't watch the news on this topic, so no, I don't give a crap about the politics.

By seeing the posts on my FB feed, it is easy to derive that the leftist liberals seem to be pushing masks for all, all the time, stay HOME... and right wingers are anti mask and pro give me my freedom, this is just the flu!

I am in the middle, proper masks in the proper scenario.

Not that hard really.

Dumbasses abound on either side.

It is ostrich like to assume this is just grandma, just the flu and just the sick that are dying. When it is your loved one that dies, get back to me on the above "just" list and let me know.
C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: