Old 04-07-2019, 7:01am   #1
09CTSV
Charter Member
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,686 Times in 652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2106426
Default Car Shopping

What a pain in the ass when you have a million things to do and you start to shop for a new car. Went to a dealer and thought we had a pretty decent deal working. It came down to them asking 2K higher than what I was willing to pay. So I ask for my keys and I'm ready to leave. The sales hole goes to the manager and about 5 minutes later they both come back. This is after me asking for my keys three times. When they round the corner I ask for the keys again and the sales hole says we have a deal, I again say give me my keys I'm leaving, the manager then spouts out, you know you are negotiating for a high end vehicle and there is always back and forth with it. He spoke like he was speaking to a 10 year old. The sales hole said some crap, I grabbed my keys and out the door I headed. They said the car is over this way as I walked out the front door. They also said they'd follow up and see if we have a deal. I got in the car and left. This was at an Audi Dealership, they also sell BMW, Mercedes and VW. Needless to say all those brands are off the list of potential cars now.
There were quite a few other things the dealership did which made me leave. I was sitting at a desk and the sales person had left and was going to be back in 10 minutes from talking with the manager, 40 minutes wait. Another sales jerk comes up and asks what I'm doing sitting at his desk. I explained and he rudely said he had work to do and needed his desk. When I started to get up he said you can stay as he started working on his computer and talking loudly with a client. I stood and walked to the front windows looking at people driving thru the lot. At the required 40 minutes my sales hole comes back and starts the whole drawing on paper trying to sell me the car line.
Now compare this to the Dodge dealer, polite, courteous, did a follow up call and the dealership sent a follow up thank you letter for stopping in and inquiring. All I got from the Audi dealership was follow up emails telling me how much time the salesperson had invested with me and it is a great deal and they didn't mean to offend me etc...
If the numbers come back good with Dodge I might be making a move and dumping the lemon Cadillac for something else.
09CTSV is offline   Reply With Quote