bigblock427
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 8,962 Times in 3,568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7484

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Not a quote fail like some.

Fist, yes I am pissed! I am pissed sheeple do not think for themselves, do their research, buy up hoards of shit they do not need, not leaving enough for others, that people that desperately need access cannot get it, that Chinese assholes do the horrific things they do to animals, which contributed to the emergence of every SARS virus we have seen. as well as other things like my husband changing the channel constantly.

The error with you suggesting to only quarantine the sick is that this virus is DIFFERENT.

1st, it is indisputable, that this virus is transmissible even when a person is asymptomatic! We still do not know the incubation period, how long this virus thrives outside of the human body (for sure), or what the hosts/vectors are.

If this virus is anything like the prior SARS viruses, it can have a mortality rate of up to 34%, can you begin to imagine those numbers if this virus produces strains of that magnitude?

I do not claim to have the answers, but people brushing this off like it is no big deal, when the entire word as we know it, is seeing the effects of this, be it the virus or its soci-economical consequences.

To the naysayers, I ask, WHAT possible gain would any country have to over exacerbate the danger of this virus?
I totally agree with your comments in the first paragraph. You comment about the Hubs changing channels.

I agree with your comments and position on this. Having said that, I trust the medical professionals in this country far more than I do the politicians or the media. I don't trust politicians of any party, especially the liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I'm sorry to be on the other side of the fence as this, but I am. I am being cautious, but I am not buying that this isn't being overly sensationalized by the media AND that being said, if there are millions like me that believe the same but it really is the most lethal virus known to man, then it is the media's fault for constantly lying to us and then suddenly expecting us to believe them. They have fkd this entire nation up. As careful as I am, if someone near me dies, I place 99% of the blame on the networks and the conglomerates that pull the politicians strings and vice versa.

Furthermore...fk China, fk Iran fk Iraq, fk'em all and especially fk anyone that thought moving manufacturing outside the US was a great idea. They need to burn in hell and all the way to hell. We were a strong industrial might and now we are a pathetic whimpering puppy because there is a virus on the loose bringing us to our knees. The fkn Chinese are doing what Germany and Japan couldn't do without a single shot. Fk the liberals too.
I could not agree more with your last paragraph.

Not only do I not trust our politicians, I don't trust the media. Much like unions when they were organized (unions piss me off also), there was a useful purpose for them. In my opinion, today's media spews an agenda from whatever corporation owns them. What happened to objective and truthful journalism?

I can see both sides of this discussion to a degree. But overall, I agree with Nicole's position.
bigblock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigblock427 For This Useful Post: