Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Not a quote fail like some.

Fist, yes I am pissed! I am pissed sheeple do not think for themselves, do their research, buy up hoards of shit they do not need, not leaving enough for others, that people that desperately need access cannot get it, that Chinese assholes do the horrific things they do to animals, which contributed to the emergence of every SARS virus we have seen. as well as other things like my husband changing the channel constantly.

The error with you suggesting to only quarantine the sick is that this virus is DIFFERENT.

1st, it is indisputable, that this virus is transmissible even when a person is asymptomatic! We still do not know the incubation period, how long this virus thrives outside of the human body (for sure), or what the hosts/vectors are.

If this virus is anything like the prior SARS viruses, it can have a mortality rate of up to 34%, can you begin to imagine those numbers if this virus produces strains of that magnitude?

I do not claim to have the answers, but people brushing this off like it is no big deal, when the entire word as we know it, is seeing the effects of this, be it the virus or its soci-economical consequences.

To the naysayers, I ask, WHAT possible gain would any country have to over exacerbate the danger of this virus?
What possible gain would any country have to over exacerbate the danger of this virus? For one, the ability to exert control over its citizens. Don't misunderstand, I am not against the precautions taking place. But, when Governor Cuomo is on television constantly and you can see the joy in his eye, it is a little scary. More scary than the virus, to be candid. And he's by no means the only politician who is enjoying this.

I will say, here in Michigan our democratic governor, Gretchen Whitmer, looks tired and unhappy in pictures. I don't think she likes closing stuff down but feels it's necessary to curb the spread of the virus. I don't disagree with her.

The big reason in this country for the media to stoke up fear is to try and make Trump look bad. They will stop at nothing to make him look bad. They are terrible people.

I don't have a problem with the actions taken so far by the government, both federal and states. They are acting in an abundance of caution. There are a lot of unknowns with this virus. But the posturing by certain politicians using this to gain political power is awful. Same thing with the media. Get the ratings and the clicks and try to make a name for yourself at the expense of everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Part of the problem is folks have been told the "sky is falling" for years. You can only "cry wolf" so many times before it's ignored.

I was born in 1960. During the early 70s, I was told we are entering another ice age. We're going to totally converted to the metric system by 1976. Then it was the polar ice caps are melting and the oceans are going to rise hundreds of feet. End of the world, nuclear war to destroy the planet etc, etc.

Too much bullshit "science" ( with political overtones to get funding) has numbed the folks when a real crisis is / has occurred.

I remember the ice age shit coming and as a teenager scaring me that we wouldn't have summer anymore. Same thing with the teachers bloviating about nuclear war and getting a bulge in their pants by scaring students that we had no future. It was all horse shit with bad motivations for saying it. Why else to say it but to scare kids.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post: