Old 07-24-2022, 3:35pm   #21
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 58.6%

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,610 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW View Post
Damn, Frank. Those photos are painful to look at, but it's good to know that the car got put back together as good as new. Are you fully recovered from the injuries now? I'm sure you miss that car in no small amount now that it's being enjoyed by somebody else.

I'm sure you're right that if that crash had occurred back in the day, when the car was four or more years old, but nowhere near its collector status of today, it would have been totaled. Another argument for carrying a good Agreed Value policy on these vehicles. With an agreed value that's set high enough, it pretty well ensures that these cars will be repaired and will live to see more miles, instead of becoming parts donors.

Guessing you saw what PaulyWannafly has done to rebuild JoeC's Tripleblack '65 after its horrific crash?

Live well,

SJW
It was a $65,000 + insurance claim and National Corvette Museum stood tall and took pains to make sure the car was exquisitely restored - in many ways it was a better car after the repairs - gentle massaging of body panels and door gaps for a better fit and look, etc. I was knocked out with lots of bruising and I hit the steering wheel hard enough to put a slight bend in it, I tensed up enough before the "hit" I apparently jammed the Muncie hard into first trying to gear down and it had to be removed and worked on and don't let anybody EVER tell you factory drum brakes in proper condition can't save your life !

When I came to the Burger King manager was directing traffic around the mess. Yes PaulWannafly is nothing short of an artist - I am so glad to see some of the legendary forum cars get a new lease on life like TripleBlack's car and Jackfit's car.... And yes, even my lowly base motor split window.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote