Old 11-20-2012, 9:28pm   #22
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 12.6%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,112 Times in 5,348 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

I can tell you a few things she likes, in terms of snacks. She's a big (raw) fruits and veggies kid, but that kind of stuff isn't practical. Here's a list of snacks (that she likes) that are relatively inexpensive and will probably travel well...
  • Salt and vinegar chips (Pringles may travel best)
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Slim Jim's (I don't think there is any pork in those)
  • S'mores pop tarts
  • Ramen noodles (all but the shrimp flavored)
  • Cookies (not real picky on type)
  • Cheez-its
  • Strawberry fig newtons
  • Fruit Rollups or fruit snacks
  • Apple and cinnamon Quaker instant oatmeal
  • Cinnamon Toast crunch cereal
  • Those cheese and cracker packs with the spreadable cheese and the little red stick
  • She absolutely loves black olives. However, even though those are relatively inexpensive, I think the weight factor probably makes them impractical to mail.
  • I don't think that chocolate will travel well because it will melt. However, she does like plain M&Ms and those should be ok.
  • She loves to make crazy stuff with colored duct tape. (They have some pretty crazy colors.) I once recieved a neon pink wallet...made from duct tape.
  • She likes to play video games, so if anyone has any gamer magazines laying around, she could read those.
  • She sits down with her nieces and nephews and colors in coloring books. So, she'd probably enjoy those as a time killer.
  • She likes sudoku. Any type of time waster like that would be good.

There are lots of sites that have other great ideas, as well. Unfortunately, she hasn't been there long enough to express to me anything that she needs or forgot.

I hope that gives a few ideas. I'm heading to the store later on. I'll add to the list if it jogs my memory on anything else.

Honestly, though, she'll appreciate anything that you guys send.

11/20/2012 - Edit to add to list:
  • She's a tea drinker. Either regular, plain, black tea or the Tazo Zen Green tea is what she usually drinks. (Tazo is the brand. It's in an off white box with a green pic on the front. It says Zen in the front.)

11/22/2012 - Edited again
  • Beef jerky (already me mentioned below by DJ)
  • Sunflower seeds (especially the jumbo kind. Idk wtf that means)
  • Popcorn
  • Candy (pretty much any kind, especially sour candy)
  • Easy Mac Microwavable mac n' cheese (she said they go through a lot of this)
  • Pistachios
  • The flavored mixes for individual bottles of water (any flavor, including sugar free)
  • Mio (flavoring for water)

12/06/2012 - Edited again...had her ask her friends what they might like, as well.
  • Fun Dip (candy)
  • Sour Punch Straws (candy)
  • Pickles (not sure if this will be very easy to send)
  • Crackers (such as ritz)
  • Spray cheese
  • Any time killer games/puzzles/etc.

She thinks I'm asking for my own purposes...to just send care packages myself. She has no idea what is going on here.

Last edited by NEED-A-VETTE; 12-06-2012 at 4:02pm. Reason: Added to list
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post: