island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Update

We are now up to $795.50

I went to the one and only store here on the island that sells toys, and looked around to check prices and see what all is available.

They have quite a selection now, and all stocked up for the coming Christmas season.

There are some cheaper cars that will work for the young 2 and 3 year old boys, and some that come in packages of three that we could break down and given away separately if needed to make our budget.

The girls are a bit more of a problem, as there is not much to choose from besides dolls, and little plastic cooking sets.

Maybe toy stuffed animals for the little ones?

Even the cheapest barbie type dolls are going to be about $3 each, the plastic cook sets are only about $2, but I don't think they would enjoy them as much.. but what do I know..

I talked to the manager at the store and told him what we are trying to do, and let him know we would be spending quite a pit of peso's with them, and he agreed to giving us a 15% discount to help us stretch the budget.

(I tried hard for 20%)

I plan to go to Cebu City around the end of the month (about a 4 to 5 hour trip by boat and bus) and will check the wholesale place that I know of and see what they have available.

The only problem with buying down there in the city is getting it all back here to the island. (I only have a motorcycle)

I can probably borrow a truck, but then it is kinda pricy to get the truck over by boat to the mainland and back. so may be best to hire a truck that is going anyway... (if we buy down there)
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote