island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixievet View Post
I don't want to exclude any kid because of age - but I know we may have to set some sort of limit. Let's see how many kids we are talking about first

I was asking around last night and found out there are about 320 kids in the grade school here in our village.

This is including the preschoolers age 4, age 5 kinder through about age 11, 6th grade.

This is not including the age 2 and 3 kids, and kids that do not go to school as they are not required to here. and some family's cannot afford to send their kids to school.

The best guess we can come up with is about 400 kids here.

But not all of them will know this is going on or will show up when we do this. Unless we make some kind of advance announcement.

I'm a bit scared to do that in advance because other villages will show up and then there wont be enough to go around.

A few ways to go about this would be when we are ready to give the toys away, either Christmas eve or Christmas day, there will probably be party at the Basketball court here as they do every year.

We can have the DJ make an announcement at that time and start giving them away right then till we run out.

Or we could load up a truck and drive around going house to house on Christmas day.

I'm not sure the best way to go about it yet.

Easiest would be have them line up at the plaza..

But if by chance a Miracle happens and you show up in a Santa Suit, driving around might be fun.

I will go talk to the German and his wife that gave away candy last year to see if they plan to do it again, that would probably be the best time to schedule together if they do.

We have plenty of time to work out the details...

island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to island14 For This Useful Post: