Old 09-20-2012, 7:14pm   #5
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Activity: 0.5%

Thanked 1,217 Times in 817 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496850

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstantChange View Post
All of my friends either have kids or are pregnant. They range from about 25 to 35. Several of them have 2 kids. For the life of me, I'm trying to figure out why some of them made that decision.

Honest questions I have...

Why did you decide to have a kid?

After you had a child, did you feel like you had to give up a lot of things in life you would do if you didn't have a child?

Did having a child make your marriage/relationship better or worse?

Did your kid(s) become the most important thing in your life? Even more important than your spouse?
We had children because we wanted to share our lives with someone and children were always a dream of ours.

We do not feel as though we gave up anything. We didn't (and still don't) have a pot to piss in.

Children did not make our marriage better or worse. We did learn to rely on each other a lot more.

Our children are the most important thing in our lives. The reason is because we are both adults, we can take care of ourselves. Our children have not reached the age that they can do that yet. Until, that happens, and probably even after that happens, they will remain the most important thing in our lives. Shit, they are gonna have to take care of us someday.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NEVRL8T For This Useful Post: