View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 9:16pm   #9
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 1,356 Times in 530 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

God I hate polish and waxing airplanes. I did the P-51 for two years prepping for the races and it was by myself. Cleaned it, clay barred it, polished out any area not smooth, did complete carnauba job topped with a synthetic coat. The second year they had an oil leak on the flight out and they grabbed acetone to clean it, thus taking all my work off it. Even though I set up a detailing kit to actually fly in the aircraft on the trip if needed. I haven't touched a car, truck or anything else in 6 years since then. I used to love detailing my cars. Now the paint is rotting off most of them in the Florida sun.

Panchito used to do spring at my local. They did Titusville air show the last year, and some idiot decided to have a herd of troubled teens as volunteers. They quickly got the hands on golf carts and began chasing each other around the show. Panchito got a 4 foot long deep scratch they claimed was going to be $30K to repair. No idea why they couldn't polish it out as directed in the 43.13-1A for a few hours labor. They freaked out for over a year claiming it was vandals seeking to harm the aircraft. Nobody would listen when I pointed out the mark was the same height as the golf cart tops.

Let me just say again how much I hate polishing aircraft.
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chemtrails99 For This Useful Post: