Old 08-31-2020, 1:24pm   #53
JetMechZ16
A Real Barner
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 9,866 Times in 3,759 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $856744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooger View Post
What do they define as victim of a violent crime? I've never been the victim of a violent crime, I don't know of any story about someone I know being a victim of violent crime. Has anyone here been a victim of violent crime?

Obviously it does happen, I'm just skeptical about it being as high as 1 out of 2.
Maybe if you live in some shithole city, then I could see it maybe being true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knooger View Post
Personally I would count purse snatching as a violent crime, assuming it's being carried when stolen. Any robbery I'd think is a violent crime.

If someone puts a gun in your face and demands your watch and wallet I'd think that's a violent crime even if there is no actual violence. The realistic threat of violence should count as violent crime.
I've been the victim of a violent crime if you consider 42 stitches and nearly losing an eye violent.

When I was 16 I was a cook at a restaurant. After my shift was over I was leaving work with 2 friends who were driving me home. A man and 2 women approached us. They had been drinking in the bar next door to where I worked. The man said in a loud and obviously drunken voice. " My name is Romone, what would you like to know." One of my buddies, who were both named Dave, said "what is the meaning of life?" Romone laughed and said something to the affect of " That's what everyone would like to know". Then the next thing I know I see movement out of the corner of my eye and start to turn to look when I'm hit with a glass. The glass shatters on my upper cheek bone and cuts me pretty good. I'm kind of dazed and keep feeling something hitting me in the back of the head, its Romone punching me. I open the car door and hit him with it till he falls down. My buddy starts the car and takes me to the hospital. I'm bleeding all over his car, his center console compartment filled with blood from me leaning over it. i walk in to the hospital and the nurse is looking down, i stand there a few seconds and then say excuse me. She looks up and screams, I'm completely covered in blood. The doctors do their thing and remove the glass from my eye an face.

The police never found this guy but many people from the bar said they remembered him being loud and obnoxious. I used to drive around at night after that looking for him. I'm lucky I never found him.
JetMechZ16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JetMechZ16 For This Useful Post: