Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I got my ccw license right at the beginning of the Wu flu hysteria, but I don't actually carry a gun. Maybe I've always been naive, but I never really worried about my safety and usually tried to stay out of dangerous situations. After seeing what's going on these days, though, I have started carrying a knife, a Buck 110, and if things get worse, I may indeed start carrying, though I'm not sure how that will work in practice. I'm a contractor, so I'm outside a lot, in plants, where it's prohibited, and on PPL's. The problem is, I sweat like a whore in church. I figure I'd rust out anything I carry in the Summer within a few weeks. And the problem in Houston with having a 'truck gun' is, you have to worry about having your truck broken into in some areas. I had that happen probably 30 years ago in Houston while out night clubbing.
That's a real concern and you seem to at least recognize the limitation that is inherent with being armed. Everyone must assess their risk and arm/act accordingly. That said, if you are out in areas that are a bit sketch more than a few times a year, consider getting a bit more protection.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote