View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 10:18am   #1
8Up
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,268 Times in 651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11051621
Default I have to come up with a eulogy now.

So my father passed away July 9th and my mom had him cremated. She wants us to all go to Denver in November for what would have been his 80th birthday to spread his ashes up at their cabin. Me being the oldest son have been asked to say some words. I haven't been very close to my father in several years, like 25 or more, so all my recollections are from the first 17 years of my life. I think I got the best years of my dads parenting and my brothers and sisters got the leftovers. I feel badly for them sometimes but it is what it is at this point and we cant go back. I cant help but feel when they hear what I have to say it will sound like bragging, even though its just the truth from my perspective. I had a great childhood, dad took me to ball games, we played catch, he helped with my homework. Later on we had beer and dogs at ball games and took our corvettes to local cruise ins. My dad always told me he loved me and was proud of me, and I really don't have any 'closure issues' with his passing. He didn't know who I was when I saw him in June, but I knew that would be the case from talking with my mom. I guess Ill just start writing and see what I come up with. Maybe ask the others to come up with some words of their own. I guess my question is; how did you eulogize your father, if you have had to?
8Up is offline   Reply With Quote