island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubSmurf View Post
As I watched again, my nit-picky side emerged. It's all said constructively and you're welcome to take my comments with a grain of salt

Perhaps it's truly due to the way I was trained but the first couple of video edits bugged me because they seemed purely random. I was taught that you time the edits with the music/voice track. I would have edited it this way:

Again, it may be my personal preference showing through but the rest of the video is much better about cutting the shots with music/VO

Also at the end the line says 'We do the hard things...' but the video shows skydiving. I wouldn't exactly equate skydiving as a 'hard thing' but something fun, crazy and exciting. The first thing that came to mind was a weight lifter struggling with his last rep (with a lot of weight ha) or Matt Damon at the chalkboard in GoodWill Hunting.

Finally, I *LOVE* the shot when you say "Move the damn needle...'
A crusty old power supply is a perfect analogy for the clients this video was created for!

Again, these are just my (extended) thoughts on it. YMMV and feel free to tell me to piss off
When I watched the first video, I saw nothing wrong with it, and if I had just seen it on TV I would have not given it anymore thought at all, but with Pete himself commenting about the voice over it drew my attention to it so was more noticeable.

After reading your input and knowing that this is part of what you do for a living, I think you have given some great input on this..

Now piss off!

island14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to island14 For This Useful Post: