Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Or it could be that wearing masks and all the other restrictions that were in place do absolutely nothing because it's a virus and viruses do what they do, spread. And now it's been spread. You've been exposed to it countless times.

As far as the vaccine goes, why get a vaccine for a virus that only kills 0.035% of the people that get symptomatic, and the vast majority that do die already have on average 2.5 serious co-morbidities? I mean, I guess if you are in that demographic, over about 60 and not very healthy, you could just as easily die from the flu (0.02% people die from it, all things being equal.)
It could be. But I interact with my elderly family who are high risk, I’ve got asthma so I’m in the higher risk bucket as well. So why not, the vaccine and mask don’t hurt me so why not just take a little extra precaution.

A hard hat on a job site is a mere soup bowl for your brain when dealing with huge items over head, so why wear a helmet? It’s a reminder of safety as much as it actually is a safety device. Why not treat the mask the same way, it’s a mere reminder to be safe not touch your face, etc. I’m certainly not a mask hole who’s going to lecture others, that’s their choice.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stangkiller For This Useful Post: