Old 08-01-2021, 1:33pm   #68
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 21.6%

Thanked 14,224 Times in 4,351 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Are you sure you don't mean FAERS and not VAERS? One is for individuals to use.

FAERS:

FAERS data does have limitations. First, there is no certainty that the reported event (adverse event or medication error) was due to the product. FDA does not require that a causal relationship between a product and event be proven, and reports do not always contain enough detail to properly evaluate an event. Furthermore, FDA does not receive reports for every adverse event or medication error that occurs with a product. Many factors can influence whether an event will be reported, such as the time a product has been marketed and publicity about an event.

VAERS:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine. This way, VAERS can provide CDC and FDA with valuable information that additional work and evaluation is necessary to further assess a possible safety concern.

No, I understand the difference.

To clarify for those that don't know the difference.

VAERS is vaccine specific.

FAERS could be anything from a food/cosmetics/OTC or prescription medication. Now, if a patient had an adverse event with the monoclonal antibody, then yes, that would be reported under FAERS.

You and I have disagreed on MANY things during this Pandemic, as have A_Dog and myself, but you all have always been respectful even considering our differences.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: