Old 09-20-2018, 3:09pm   #2
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Doing great and a BOAT LOAD of moving parts on this project. We are external hired contractors for the client and they have others. One of which is supposed to be building the integration layer from a Mongo DB to Salesforce.

They (a team of 5) have been spinning their wheels for TWO FULL WEEKS, all external contractors at high hourly rates of course. Five guys, 2 weeks, 400 hours roughly.

I just built them a proof of concept in 3 hours today to show them how to do their job. Not only did I build it, I wrote an entire training manual of the entire Bulk API process, and then sat down and demo'd it to them and took questions. Needless to say, they were extremely excited by the initiative I took...and it's not in my job description. Oh, and my handler on the client side was more than thrilled.

So is this really what working in the Fortune 500 is really like?
You are starting to remind me of an uncle of mine. He worked for Western Electric, I don't know his exact job title or exactly what he did, except that decades ago he was in charge of a little project called laying fiber optic cable in the entire USA. I know he travelled a lot and kicked asses wherever he went. He had a gag business card that said:

Introducing...
The son of a bitch from the home office with all the fucking answers.

MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post: