10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,452 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I have a 32" CRT and two rear projection TVs, a Mitsubishi 55 that works fine and a JVC 60 that doesn't, that are hogging up space in an extra bedroom. Too big for me to move. They are headed for the dump as soon as I can get a couple guys to help me move them. My neighbor put his 55" rear projection TV at the end of his driveway with a sign that said FREE ...and then pushed it back in to his garage. No use for them.

I thought about having converted to an aquarium.
You can try putting them on Craigslist or other free to use sales sites. You might get really lucky as I did, especially if you throw in the digital converter boxes with them.

If that fails, I have an appliance dolly and get over to your side of town every couple of weeks. If the Craigslist strategy fails, I'll help you move them. Just find out if Harris County recycling centers will take them, and where and when they can be dropped off. My city recycling center will take them from residents only, at no charge, but only on certain days of the week and only for a few hours during those days. You have to really WANT to dispose of them properly.

This partially explains why some areas of Houston looks like an open air trash dump.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: