Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,455 Times in 17,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Sell it.

Dumb millenials and zoomers will pay you handsomely for it, along with any CRT televisions you might have, for the "authentic experience."

Meanwhile you can emulate anything you want to for free, and doing so is much easier on the eyes for anyone actually old enough to have enjoyed the authentic experience as a youth.
Wait. Whut? just a few years ago CRT TV's were an albatross that people couldn't even give away.

I'm a late adopter, so before I bought my first flat screen, when my CRT tube started failing, I picked up a free 32" CRT TV from Craigslist, and the owner was VERY happy to be rid of it. A few years later when it came time for me to get rid of it, I put it on Craigslist for free, with a digital tuner set top box and it took a while before someone finally came to get it. I didn't even get the usual calls from people interested who just don't show up. I mean, it was radio silence until someone finally wanted it and it wouldn't have gone had I not included the digital tuner as a bonus.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote