View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 9:44am   #90
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,406 Times in 1,865 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Having worked in the inner city, I have seen the culture that these kids are birthed into. Honestly very few have a fighting chance.

Most of the babies will never know their father, either due to the fact mother has no idea which guy she was banging is the dad or dad is dead or in prison.

My upbringing was perfection compared to what these kids see. They have it engrained in then from an infant that to be successful is to have street cred. There is absolutely no value given to getting an education, being successful or escaping the hood.

We can debate on another thread where this all started IMOJohnson's "war on poverty" and handouts to unmarried mothers, when black men were encouraged not to be in the home. Prior to that, single parent white families were more common than single parent black families.

Until their "at home culture" changes, and what they value as a community makes an abrupt about face, I don't see things getting any better for them.

Cannot count the times I wanted to take some of those kids home with me, before their home life destroyed their potential to become someone that would contribute to society.

I know- personal accountability and all, but I have seen with my own eyes, these kids are beaten down and lose all sense of their potential, beginning in infancy.
My upbringing!

As I lived/grew up in a peaceful racially mixed neighbor hood and in fact graduated from a deep in the ghetto predominately black high school mid 60s I know what I have seen and experienced. Many were married, had a husband living in the house, many went to school to actually learn, had jobs.

Things were doing all right for the blacks then sure there was racism, (on both sides) but compared to today much better. (More recently after obunghole set back race relations decades, things went farther downhill fast!)

Th antics of LBJ giving blacks just about ever phucking thing they wanted for votes and MLK running all over stirring things up were the straws that broke the camels back way back then!

The Johnny come latelys can post all the bullshit they want I was there (age 74 now) and lived it!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: