View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21am   #3
Rick Williams
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkL8apex View Post
There I was on the swampy borders of the Newport News Reservoir at dusk on a Saturday night. I was not alone, others of this world were there but I could feel a presence others were unaware of.

As the sun began to set and the shadows grew long he appeared, climbing from his vessel. The vessel itself was similar to other vessels, but different as if it had inherited parts form different generations of vessels past and present.

Then he appeared, like he'd never been gone climbed out of the "hybrid" C4, top down of course, walked up and said "Hi Tony, hows it going?"

I was at the York County Cruise-In last night when Jack pulled in, man it was good to see him out in the Vette. He got there late but shot the $#%^ for over an hour catching up and talking about some of the "old Days" of the Ratpack.

He will try to get to Waterside next week but has some family stuff to take care of early in the day. He and Joanne are doing well, his kids and grand kids are down with them for a while, he did some mods and maintenance to the C4 over the winter but it is running fine and he's able to drive now.

IT was cool to see him driving with the top down as always when we left together, many of us have followed that C4 for some fun cruises over the years
That is great ..Jack actually driving his Vette..
I don't think his 88 actually has a "TOP" as Iv'e never seen it with a top on???
Maybe he was scavenging again..????
Anyone missing an 88 convertible top ???
We ratpackers really miss you Jack.. Hope you really can make it...
Stay safe
Rick
Rick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote