Old 09-20-2022, 10:11pm   #6
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 9,002 Times in 2,776 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) View Post
OK Snik. This guitar has the treble bleed. Granted my recording gear leaves a whole lot to be desired but I think you can hear what it's doing -or not doing- well enough.

Volume on 10 until 0:30. From 0:30 to the end I rolled it back to 5. No other controls were touched. Just volume.

https://youtu.be/b2KdeWOkbLo
Sounds the same! Very consistent. Fender took a cheap cap and a cheap resister, wrapped it up in a paper case to look vintage and sells it for a huge mark up. I bet that guitar came with what looks like a big cap.

Other than all that delay (it muddies up your playing in my opinion.) it sounds absolutely fantastic. Try lowering the output so there is less delay. Keep the tone, repeat and time the same. Lessen the mix. See if you like it.

You have a lot of accuracy. The delay hides it. Or do whatever the **** you want.

I personally don’t use delay unless it’s an effect (like slap back for rockabilly). I do have reverb, but I shut it way down at the club. There is natural reverb there so if I add more my guitar falls back into the mix.

Most of the time at a club I go with zero verb and zero delay.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: