Old 09-22-2022, 2:45pm   #71
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.0%

Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,109 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth View Post
Please enlighten us on how any President in the free world controls fuel and Oil prices. Major refiners are free to charge whatever the market will bare.
Quote:
My post is about free world pricing. Maybe take off the blinders and stop walking in lockstep, and you will see the whole world has a problem with rising fuel prices. Hint Russian war may have something to do with fuel prices.
Quote:
I fully understand refineries only produce the final product. Many steps involved from oil exploration down to the Delivery truck driver. Some here seem to think President can lower costs by all those steps it takes to produce a gallon of fuel. If Trump were President, we would have had the same spike in fuel prices. President can not just order that oil price is now $20 barrel.
Are you serious about this?

While I agree the President can not order changes to the prices of oil, changes in policy can have a profound impact on the oil market that does set the price. Policies like these:

1. Shut down completion of a pipeline that would give access to relatively cheap oil from our neighbor and important trading partner = Canada.

2. Ordering the cessation of lease auctions for new drilling projects.

3. Ordering the cessation of permit issuance for new fracking projects on public lands.

To go into the details of the impacts of these things is beyond the scope of a message board post (and I doubt you want to know anything about the facts anyway), but in summary, our near-term access to cheap oil has been restricted, and over time, our domestic production will drop, expanding our need to buy expensive oil from overseas. These impacts are a DIRECT RESULT of the policies spelled out above.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: