Old 09-21-2022, 9:15am   #37
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 6,660 Times in 2,984 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Day one that he was in office, he enacted several exec orders, and shut down a few already in place. Killed the Keystone pipeline.

Only jokers look at these individual events and say things like, "the pipeline wouldn't carry enough cruse to help, and it was inferior crude". He shut down new leases at the same time saying that there already were enough out there. He claimed that the era of fossil fuels was ending, and we would adopt only clean energy investment.

I'm not sure you understand how this industry works... All drilling is done on a speculative basis, thus any investments need to be balanced against perceived gains. Investments went to near zero in gas and oil because nobody in their right mind would invest in something that POTUS stated he was going to end. So, when demand picked up, there was, pardon my pun, NOTHING in the pipeline to use as a recovery. We basically took the US offline and other nations took advantage of the lack of production. That's how you manipulate markets.

One thing I would agree with you on. Biden didn't do any of this because he is an absolute moron, unable to make any decisions without his lame ass administration handing him the cue card.
Very well put!
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sublime1996525 For This Useful Post: