Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 6,916 Times in 2,619 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980
bak

At 2:00 in Stupid Vette Tricks 2012 a guy backs a C5R into the wall at CMP.

This was in February. I had already set up camp for the evening when this guy pulls into the next spot in a $1M+ bus-type motor home with a stacker trailer with the same paint scheme, right down to the inside of the doors to the trailer being painted so that when they were open they matched the sides. So I already didn't like this guy.

He comes over and asks if I can help him find the transponder on his car. I must have given him a "you gotta be shitting me" look because he quickly said he had just bought the car and was doing the competiton school in the morning.

We go in his trailer and there is the C5R. Now I like him even less. I look where I would have put the transponder if it was my car and bingo, there it was. We got the number off of it and I went to bed.

The next morning it was 25 degrees. At the driver's meeting Jim starts off the same way he always does at CMP:

"Where are we?"
(Crowd) "CMP!"
"What does that mean?"
"Sand blowing on the track"
"How cold is it?"
"25 degrees"
"What does that mean?"
"Lots of power, no grip."
"What are we gonna do?"
"Be careful until everything improves"

Competiton school was running with the HPDE 4 group, first out.Time trials were second, so I was sitting on the grid. HPDE 4 group goes out, completes the out lap, and then pits minus rich prick who ate wall on the out lap. Shut down the day for an hour and a half.

If you have an off in a competition school you are supposed to be DQ'd from completing the school that weekend. He had someone bring him his prepped C6Z and was allowed to finish the school in that.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post: