Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
That's a good point and well said...however, the March has serious undertones of protesting Trump. Gloria Steinham praised "our great leaders" Barack and Michelle Obama, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton "who told the whole world that women's rights are human rights and human rights are women's rights," quoting Clinton's speech at a United Nations conference in 1995.

Shortly before Steinem took the podium, actress America Ferrera was one of the first speakers at the rally ahead of the march, calling for supporters to "fight, oppose" the Trump administration.

Filmaker Michael Moore railed against President Trump, telling marchers to take action against his administration. He tore up President Trump's Inauguration Brochure on stage. Homemade signs at the rally were related to Hillary Clinton, Trump's campaign rival. One read "Still With Her" using a play on Clinton's campaign slogan, and another read "Lock Him Up," playing on a chant that some Trump supporters directed at Clinton during the campaign. Several "Stronger Together" posters from the Clinton campaign were spotted as well.

Sounds more like a Trump protest than a march for women's rights.
Ya, they're pretty emotional.
Not violent though. Just emotional about their human rights.
Trump is the president and should be given the respect that the office deserves. I'm totally in agreement with that.
A few ultra leftists did speak, you're right. I didn't like their message, as I'm sure a lot of the crowd didn't. They just want to get the message across that all people are human beings and all human beings, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, etc, should be treated equally.
You know,... Basic Constitutional rights.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote