RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,748 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeAllen View Post
No offense to the serving military members here, but blindly obeying bad orders got us the fun of Hitler's European tour. Frankly I don't know how anyone could serve under the Kenyan CS, and I hope you decide to disobey when he decides to declare martial law and tells you to shoot guys like me and crazy Gene...
Are you goddamn serious? Did you really just compare our servicemen and women to Nazi Germany?

Just... wow.

Here's a little hint. If you feel the need to start something with "no offense", it's probably offensive to those it is directed towards, in this case, those who serve and who have served.

But hey, by all means, feel free to sit at your f**king keyboard and tell us all how you would do it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
I understand part of military duty is to follow orders without question. I get that. But to what end? No matter what the result is? If your C.O told you to jump off a cliff should you?
No, it's not that simple. Not even close. There are decisions to be made... ethical, personal, moral. If you choose not to obey an order, that's great. Man up and take the consequences that come as a result. 1 time in my career I willfully and knowingly disobeyed an order. That's a story for another day and perhaps a beer. I knew the consequences of doing so when I did it. I made a decision, I stuck to it, and I would do it again. In this case, I suspect the LCDR feels the same way.

This isn't an "unlawful order". LCDR knew, beyond any doubt that he was breaking a regulation. Why did he do it? Only he knows.

For this rule, to be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no desire for every 18 year old boot seaman to be walking around Norfolk or San Diego with a gun simply because they are in the Navy. Same goes for every other service. Ariman Timmy doesn't need to be walking around stateside with an M4... just because. The simple truth is that there is absolutely no need for it. Is there anybody here who has served or is serving that thinks that every person on a base should be carrying around a rifle?

My personal preference on the matter would be that bases allow those qualified to carry on base if they desire to do so.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: