Old 02-12-2013, 4:42pm   #82
tshirts and jeans
Barn Raising I,II
Activity: 2.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Puffy is good.

Whether anyone likes it or not, there are some genrally recognized percentages of body fat that define oveweight, obese, and morbidly obese. It should come as no surprise that a doctor who represents an insurance company would adhere to those guidlines rigidly. It's a question of how much premium they'll charge.

I was told by my doctor that I'm obese also...but I didn't think less of myself. I was disappointed for letting myself get that way but that's another issue. But if I lose so much as one pound, it isn't because of what other people think because I could honestly give a shit. It's because it's something I want to do for ME.

The bottom line here is that no one is making you feel bad. Another woman who is thin can't make you feel like a "tub of lard" as you put it by virtue of the fact that she's thin. You're taking that on yourself and are ALLOWING others to change your perception of yourself and feeling bas as a result. The reason people make statements such as this is because others tolerate it. If your daughter was with someone who said what he did, he should have been shown the door immediately.

Then again, there were probably dozens of reasons why he should have been shown the door.
you know the "real" me very well....so you know my feelings on all the above.....you can cut me down and build me right back up.....lol....and you know that i love you dearly for it....
tshirts and jeans is offline   Reply With Quote