Old 01-03-2024, 5:33pm   #23
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 10,181 Times in 4,277 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
This does seem to be the most common complaint. And yet to date not one single government anywhere in the US is forcing anyone to buy an EV.

Sure, California made a big announcement about banning the sale of new ICE cars in a few years, but as y'all keep pointing out the infrastructure just doesn't exist to support such a transition. It may still happen, but clearly not on the timetable that California has announced. And since none of you actually live in California, it doesn't affect you anyway.

But don't let reality get the in the way of a good freak out.
Holy shit, I don't know where to start. You need some serious history lessons instead of being an internet troll. You're in the same camp as three liberal friends of mine: I asked them in October 2018 if they could define "liberty." Nothing, and still nothing 5+ years later.

The elites are not directly forcing people to buy EVs, but they are regulating gas vehicles into oblivion. Just keep making stricter and stricter rules so at some point they simply won't work. Tiny displacement turbocharged engines working harder and harder to move heavier and heavier cars because of safety and emission mandates -- yeah that's the answer.

Stockholm Sweden is banning gas/diesel vehicles from downtown next year. But don't worry, it will stop there. Global tyranny will not spread.

So unless you want to walk, ride a bike or horse, you will have to buy an EV eventually because gas vehicles will be regulated out of existence. This shouldn't be like rocket science to figure out.

No the infrastructure does not exist for EVs and this is just fine with the global elites. Americans are so spoiled (that includes you) that we take our mobility for granted. Tyrannies usurp liberties, including the liberty of having mobility.

But you're safe, Communism never spreads.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people . . . " -- John Adams, Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765

"The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed." -- George Orwell, "1984"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reagan defend liberty-.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	94201
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post: